Basic firearm safety rules for the beginner!
FIREARMS SAFETY FOR THE NEW SHOOTER
This guide will treat firearms safety at a basic level mainly related to handguns, every safety rule and procedure can be applied to any kind of weapon after you learn mechanics and functioning of the specific firearm you are using. These are very basic rules that all beginners should know before touching a firearm, it also does not hurt the expert firearm user to brush up on the basics every now and then.
CAUTION: Be sure that all firearms are unloaded and safe before starting the class/training. Be aware that any negligence that includes firearms can result in injury or death . The developer of this guide is not responsible of any operator's negligence caused accidents.
FIREAMS FUNDAMENTAL RULES
The most important rules that you have always to keep in mind and on which you must build your shooting skills.
1. TREAT ALL FIREARMS AS IF THEY WERE LOADED
2. ALWAY KEEP YOUR FIREARM POINTED TO A SAFE DIRECTION
3. KEEP YOUR FINGER OUTSIDE THE GUARD AND OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOU ARE READY TO FIRE
4. KNOW YOUR TARGET AND WHAT'S BEHIND IT
1. Consider your firearms loaded and you will treat them with the maximum level of attention.
2. Be aware of the direction in which the muzzle points.
3. Learn to build a mechanical memory that allows you to keep your finger outside the trigger guard subconsciously
4. Be conscious of the material of your target and what is behind it.
Always try to use good common sense, if you would like to learn more checkout the NRA's website - Gun Safety
Leave a comment